MANAGING DIRECTOR SWEDEN
Managing Director Sweden
We are pleased to announce that we are seeking out well qualified candidates to fill the role of Managing Director, Sweden for a leading global renewable energy service provider, developer, and distributor of renewable energy solutions.
Our client delivers end-to-end project solutions, ongoing operations management and is an Independent Power Producer with an expanding energy trading business.
The position of Managing Director will be the most senior Director in the organization in Sweden, jointly with another existing (Technical) Managing Director, and will be responsible for the overall success of the business and will report to General Manager EMEA.
Location for the role is optional, within Sweden.
The role will be responsible for the development, control and oversight of all business operations, people and ventures for the Swedish market. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader who can inspire and develop colleagues from a line management and leadership perspective and will also be responsible for the implementation of group vision, mission and long-term goals in line with group strategy, roadmap and corporate values.
An established track record of success in the renewable energy industry will be essential to be successful in this role. The candidate will most likely have worked with either a developer or investor and be comfortable with the Financial, legal and commercial aspects of project procurement, investment and development.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to BayWa r.e.in Munich so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans; oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Develop and maintain local organisation and management team; supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Originate and develop business opportunities
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
Requirements for candidates:
- Proven experience in managerial/leadership positions with significant Nordic wind and/or solar market and project experience
- Positive and supportive leadership style essential, with a collaborative working style and enthusiasm for helping others to develop their full potential
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of corporate and project finance as well as of measures of performance
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as transaction execution capabilities
- Skilled and experienced in commercial, transactional, M&A and project financing aspects
- Clear understanding of PPA structures and terms a must, with experience of negotiations a bonus
- Ideally have had exposure to development, procurement and project implementation processes
- Fluency in English is mandatory (both spoken and written)
We look forward to hearing from you!