FINANCE MANAGER, Retail/Healthcare
Finance Manager, Retail/Healthcare
It is our pleasure to announce that we are looking to recruit a successful candidate into the position of Finance Manager for a global market leader in hearing healthcare.
Our client develops, manufactures and sells products and equipment that help people with hearing loss connect and communicate with the world around them. The Group has four business activities: Hearing Devices, Hearing Implants, Diagnostic Instruments and Personal Communication.
In Sweden our client is made up of three business units, which are all managed and supported from the finance department, who will be headed by the Finance Manager. The long-term strategic ambition of our client is to further develop their position as a leading hearing healthcare company with the broadest and deepest product offering based on true innovation–delivered to customers and end-users through a multi-brand approach backed by a comprehensive global distribution set-up and efficient infrastructure.
The Finance Manager will have full responsibility for all finance aspects in Sweden across the three entities, including leadership responsibility for the finance team. The role will be responsible for meeting month end closing deadlines, preparing monthly reports for HQ, as well as full year reporting of financial results. The Finance Manager is expected to take full ownership of the finance function and go through all existing processes and practices, with a view to optimise, modernise and align with group finance where relevant. An important part of this role is to be the strategic sparring partner for the Group MD, and other business units. The Finance Manager will have a close cooperation with HQ –especially Group Controlling, Tax and IT on ERP-topics. Furthermore, there will be a close collaboration with the Group’s Shared Service Centre.
The role offers a very interesting and challenging opportunity to become an important part of a company on a tremendous journey. The role requires a highly motivated and tenacious finance professional, who is excited by the challenge to have a real impact on the future development of the company (Group).The role requires a person with a strong background in finance and a proven record of running a finance team within a relevant industry. In order to succeed it is vital that you have excellent analytical, communication, and leadership skills, and a burning desire to make a real difference.
Requirements of candidates for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance as a minimum, ideally the candidate also has a master’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- The candidate could have a background as chartered accountant.
- The candidate needs to be experienced in leading a finance team and being part of a management team.
- It is a clear advantage, though not a demand, that the candidate has gained some experience managing through others.
- The candidate needs to have a minimum of 8-10 years of finance experience, and have experience working for an international company headquartered outside Sweden (or a local sales subsidiary in an international Swedish company).
- The candidate is expected to have experience from an array of finance areas, e.g. accounting, controlling, reporting, budgeting, treasury/cash and/or process optimisation. Ideally the candidate has a career background where they have worked with and been responsible for different areas in finance, and thus have gained experience from various disciplines before coming to a more strategic/tactical management role. In other words; the candidate can “walk the talk” and has a high level of professionalism in financial aspects.
- The candidate is up-to-speed on compliance demands and accounting principles and knows how to develop and implement corporate guidelines in financial matters.
- The candidate is experienced in handling external authorities.
- The candidate is experienced in optimising financial processes internationally and has profound IT-/system capabilities.
- Fluent spoken and written Swedish
- Fluent spoken and written English
For the right person this is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate personal and professional growth by working for an internationally successful company that is growing its market share and presence.