DIRECTOR OF CONTRACT LOGISTICS
Director Of Contract Logistics – Logistics
We are delighted to announce that we are looking for excellent candidates to fill the role of Director of Contract Logistics for an industry leading Logistics and freight forwarding client.
Our client is one of the most successful global logistics providers with operations in over 100 countries. They are a dominate FCL and LCL player in sea-freight forwarding worldwide, and are an industry leading provider of air, road, and rail transport. In addition our client provides integrated, competitive supply chain solutions that are backed by state-of-the-art information technology and tailored to customer as well as industry-specific requirements.
The position of Director of Contract Logistics, based in Sweden will help drive our clients aggressive growth to take market share in the country, and eventually the region.
- To manage the existing business of contract logistics division and develop new sustainable business.
- Execute strong leadership and directions within the contract logistic team and add value as a member of the National Management Team.
- To development and manage profitable contract logistics activities in line with company financial expectations.
- To establish and further develop the warehousing and distribution infrastructure
- To lead and grow the CL logistics team.
- To establish and implement mid-term business development plans including Budget and P&L responsibility.
- To take a lead role in all key customer relationships to ensure the delivery of the growth strategy.
- To ensure the implementation and maintenance of the company’s global standard operating procedures.
- To ensure the implementation and maintenance of the standard warehouse management system in all locations.
- To implement standard company transportation management systems.
- Strong and competent leader
- Team player
- Strong business acumen, you must understand the core of the business
- Operational and close to the business and your customers
- Senior approach
- Clear and open communication
- A person showing drive, commitment and engagement contributing to the business
- Strong poise and energy
- Independent and of high integrity
- Preferred bachelors or master’s degree, preferably with a major in supply chain or logistics
- Leadership experience 5+ years
- Supply chain or logistics experience10+ years
- Frequent travelling, could be extensive from time to time. Expected average travel would be two days per week
This role is a great opportunity for candidates who want to make a difference in a dynamic international environment, with a chance to create their own team.