VP Sales, IoT/Tech
VP Sales, IoT/Tech
We are thrilled to announce that we are looking for candidates to fill the role of VP Sales for a fast growing, hyper-successful intelligent lighting technology company.
Our client’s market grows globally at around 20-25% per year and one of their immediate challenges is to continue to maintain their aggressive growth as a world-leading light technology company, both in terms of market and technology development. The organization is still characterized by entrepreneurial thinking and commitment to their products and the willingness to deliver more sustainable global development.
The role of VP Sales, will be fully responsible for our client’s organizational sales and marketing, together with the responsibility for the company achieving sales targets as agreed. A top priority for the VP Sales will be to recruit end develop a US sales team. While an immediate focus will be placed on the US market, it is estimated that the greatest potential in the long run exists in the rest of the world, so a global outlook is crucial. Priority should on the development of a growth plan for sales, which is to be realized both in the short and long term through active direct sales and acquiring of new industry partners/resellers in priority markets. VP Sales shall set up a short, medium and long-term strategic plan for corporate’s business development. A successful candidate shall deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure.
In addition to the above, responsibilities of the VP Sales will be:
- Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals
- Lead the development of company’s marketing strategy with emphasis on market penetration, sales growth and customer acquisition
- Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy to ensure the company chose the a clear path for an aggressive growth. It is expected that the VP Sales will build and manage an array of necessary sales channels capable of delivering the company’s growth objectives, including: direct sales, key account sales and resellers/distributors and leading this sales channels to meet revenue TGTs
- lead and develop the strategy and provide leadership for business development opportunity that are aligned with company’s revenue growth strategy
A successful candidate for this role will possess:
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful commercialisation strategy in early stage companies
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Strong sales management skills
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to be both tactical and strategic
- Master’sDegree in Engineering, Business Development or equivalent
- 5-10 years of direct sales experience in a global market-Experience of business development, value-based selling, negotiating, pricing and pricing models (leasing has been introduced)
- Experience of both direct sales and channel sales
- Preferably experience with marketing
- Preferably experience of product and organization in a similar stage of growth
The role is located in Gothenburg, but there may be room for being located elsewhere if there is a wish or if the right person resides elsewhere, such as Stockholm or Malmö. The role will require travel, and it is expected that travel will make up at least 30% of the individual’s time, including international travel. The role is part of the management team. The right person should be motivated to work in a young and dynamic organization, with world-leading products.