Chief Operations Officer
Railroad Maintenance Company
Chief Operations Officer
We are delighted to announce that we are recruiting well qualified candidates for the role of Chief Operations Officer for a leading Norwegian railroad maintenance company.
In the role of COO, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to leave their mark on further development of the company. They will have the support of a well-consolidated group behind them with solid finances and a clear strategy for its future development and investment.
Our client aims to open a new office and undertake in strategic sustainable growth.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director, and will be overall responsible for Norwegian Production.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Daily management of employees
- Follow-up of projects and production
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Financial follow-up and contract management
- Review of calculations and offers
- Participate in project qualification
- In collaboration with the tender manager, prepare tenders and contract negotiations
- Personnel development
- Back-up and support for projects if necessary
- Development interviews and salary negotiations with employees
- Ongoing reporting to the CEO
- Focus on delivery
- Negotiate/draw up purchase agreements with subcontractors and suppliers of building materials
- Create good team spirit and atmosphere on construction sites
- Get involved in calculation work to the extent necessary
- Get involved in the bidding process
- Be involved in building up expertise and the project department
To be successful in this role, we believe that you have/are:
- Several years of experience in fields such as: project manager, project director, or project manager in the construction industry
- Experience with both production and management of subcontractors
- Knowledge of the forms of contract in the building and construction industry
- Experience from the contractor side (within the last 5 years)
- Knowledge of the Norwegian rail market, as well as good network of customers and potential partners
- Knowledge of NS standards and terms of agreement
- Experience in negotiating with customer/builders and sub-suppliers
- Offer experience
The position requires fluent knowledge of the Norwegian language and English at a collaborative level as well as general computer skills. Education level will preferably be in the field of construction engineering or equivalent.
We very much look forward to hearing from you!