CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Chief Information Officer
We are seeking out well qualified candidates for the role of Chief Information Officer for a global supply chain management and logistics firm.
Our client is one of the world’s largest providers of ship agency, husbandry and ship owner and operator support services. Their global logistics operation provides a rich array of general and specialist logistics services to diverse markets from FMCG to oil & gas. In addition their fleet of supply craft and barges provide vital support for offshore exploration, construction and production, heavy lift cargo towage in key locations in the Middle East, Caspian Sea and Indian ocean.
Accountabilities for the role include:
- Develop strategic plans and implement the objectives of the information technology needs of the company to ensure the IT infrastructure capabilities are responsive to the needs of the company’s growth and objectives
- Develop and establish operating policies and approaches for computing and information technology
- Advise senior management on strategic systems replacements, deployments and integration in support of business goals and objectives, advocate for enterprise solutions, review and approve major contracts for computing and information technology services and equipment as well as support the shift from in-house development to mature combination of suppliers
- Investigate and identify relevant emerging innovative technologies that are candidates to be deployed into the organisation
- Lead and manage the performance of the IT function by providing the Directors of IT with strategic direction, setting individual objectives, reviewing and rewarding performance against objectives
- Use both understanding of the business and knowledge of IT in order to develop a global IT strategy in conjunction with the IT Directors, in order to support the business objectives. Drive this strategy through the IT function through clear communication, strong leadership and delegated authority
- Work closely with customers to agree key strategic IT priorities and provide clear direction to the IT Heads on these areas, allocating resources accordingly
- Delegate authority to ensure implementation and operation of the global IT infrastructure in order to meet the business needs for availability, performance and control, providing support and direction where necessary
- Delegate authority to ensure that strategic plans, standards and controls are in place that manage information security, operational risk, disaster recovery and commercial contracts, providing support and direction where necessary
- Delegate authority to ensure that a portfolio of both global and regional applications are developed, maintained and supported, providing support and direction where necessary
Experience required for the role:
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of information technology computer systems and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations. Experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/company
- Experience of supply chain and logistics
- Experience of running ERP transformations and BPM projects
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage programs. Ability to participate in and facilitate group level meetings.
- A combination of the completion of a Master’s Degree in information technology, computer science and/or business and administration as well as a minimum of ten years of experience in a senior-level information technology position
- Certifications such as COBIT, TOGAF and ITIL would be considered beneficial